Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Alrighty, a few things have taken place since I wrote last.

Per my meeting with the school system, here in San Antonio, the psychologist thought an EEG should be done, while Aaden was off his medicine. We traveled to BR, for a few days to have the test done. If any of you have ever had to bring your child in for an EEG, they want you to keep your child awake as long as possible, then wake them super early, so they will fall asleep for the test. Let's just say, I was terrified of how Aaden would do. HE WAS PHENOMENAL!!! He allowed the technician apply all 15ish leads to his head, with no issues at all. Then sat still for the majority of the time, THEN actually fell asleep, when he had 3-4 minutes of the test left. He. Did. Perfect.


While we were in town, we struggled a lot with Aaden's temper, and how he was unable to accept alternative conclusions to his problems, and something that is always an issue, self soothing. Which is not something that can be taught or beaten out of a child. Period.

We met with our regular pediatrician, Dr. P, we went over how Aaden responded to being weaned from his medicine, and so on. One factor about the weaning process was... Aaden was an angel when we were on half of his regular doses, so, being that Aaden does require medication at this point. He is currently only taking half of what he had been taking for the past 6 months or so.

Let me take a minute to say how truly thankful I am to have Dr. P, although we did go through our neurologist for all of Aaden's 'issues', he was more than willing to help us in our time of need.  I sent him a face book message, and text, to see if we should travel home for the test, being that it was a Saturday night, he wasn't on call, and out with his wife. I got a response. He is amazing. To which, he has also checked on us today. Thank you, Dr. P, if you're reading this. I appreciate all you do!!

I also received a call from the psychologist from Aaden's school while I was in BR, she said basically Aaden had been accepted, now we just need to finish up some different paper work, and she needed to evaluate Aaden, which can be done in our home, or at the school. So, instead off all sorts of different things the school system required, we have just a few things to do. I am ecstatic.

So now I am waiting for my pediatrician office to send a form to the psychologist at the school, and a referral to our developmental pediatrician, in San Antonio, and we can get things moving again!!!

Since Aaden had to be kept awake most of the night, for his test. Brady stayed with his Aunt Kel, I'm so happy she and her kids were able to enjoy him, and Brady was able to get a good nights rest!!! Then go play at her mom's house with other kids his age. I  know he had a blast!!! Thank you Kelly!! You'll never know how much that meant to me, along with your bible study group praying for me, and Aaden!!

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers! Things are moving in the right direction, and they are going to be grand.

Until next time...

With love,
Courtney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment