Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All about Brady

I made a comment in my last post, that I haven't been able to let go of, about how most of my posts are about Aaden, well I'm changing that, tonight.

I found out I was pregnant with Brady when Aaden was about 10 months old, quite a shock!! It was actually a funny story though, I was home from work with Aaden, we ran to Target to pick up his medicine, as I passed by the pregnancy tests, my heart raced a little, so, I thought, mmm, what's $10? I'll grab one. LOL. Since we weren't trying to have another little one, I hadn't been keeping up with things, I actually had no idea if I was 'late' or not. Well, good thing I bought the test, because it litterally took 2 minutes, and I saw both lines, and started crying. The feeling of missing out on Aaden growning up, and him being so young just broke my heart. I cried every day for almost a month.

I went to my first Dr. appt 9 days before Aaden's first birthday, and had an ultrasound, right then, my feelings changed, I was excited!! But, somewhat scared at the same time. My due date was November 20th. {Side note-- My birthday is November 24th, and Evan's birthday is November 25th.} Pregnancy wasn't too rough, the hard part was chasing after a very active toddler. Especially because I was working, and from month 7-9 Evan was working 7 - 12 hour night shifts... PHEW. Talk about wearing you out!

I spoke to Dr. Lewis about delivering via c-section with Brady, because of some difficulties I had with Aaden. When she agreed, I could not have been any happier. I know most people probably think I am crazy. But until you have been thru what I did, you wouldn't understand. I would rather have major surgery then go thru that again!!

Brady was born November 12, 2010 at 7:31 am. He weighed 8 pounds 2.4 ounces, and  was 20 1/4 inches long. From the minute I was able to hold him [the only down side of a section, you don't get to hold the baby right away], I knew he was going to be such a calm, easy baby. Which he was, in every way. He was just so laid back, and peaceful!!



Nursing was super easy with Brady! Our first night at home, he slept for 7 hours!!! He put on weight like no baby I've ever heard of!! When he was 3 weeks old, I had kidney stones, well they waited to tell me, as I was laying on the table, for lithotripsy, that I would have to pump & dump it out for 4-6 weeks. WHAT?!?! Pumping was not my favorite thing, probably on the top of my least favorite list. So I quit nursing, since I would be returning to work by then anyway. To this day, there is NOTHING the kiddo will not eat! He took to formula and a bottle, like a pro.

We are looking forward to this Christmas, since BB was so young last year...


He smiled since the day he came home from the hospital!! Just always happy!!

Christmas 2010

Brudder nap time <3



Like I said, the kid will eat anything, ALL the time!! Of course, we tried the normal, rice and oatmeal, and then veggie and fruit purees. By the time I realized it, Brady was eating $7-10.00 worth of baby food every. single. day!! Add that up in your head!! He was eating a HUGE hole into our budget. So I started making his food. Not only was it cheaper, but we were able to offer him a larger variety of foods, and it was super easy. I very much recommend making your own baby food!!

Our little chunky butt


Lashes that people pay for...


It's hard to believe my baby is already ONE!! I don't know if I should be happy, or sad. Happy because we actually survived having two small BOYS, or sad, because my baby isn't a baby anymore.

 Pretty sure it's safe to say, he LOVED his cake :)

 Hmmm... did I said LOVED or LOOOOOVVVVVEEEDDDD it!

I found a cute idea on Pinterest, to take pics of Brady with just one of Evan's ties on, this is what we got~ hehe

Well that is Brady's little story, summed up real short. But I'll tell you one thing, there is nothing else I would rather do than see his big ole happy eyes, and kiss is huge cheeks in the morning!! Even better, he likes to sleep until 9:30. :) I am so proud God gave him to me, and trusts me to be his Momma. Love me some BB.

Until next time...

With love,
Courtney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment