Monday, December 31, 2012

Lately, plus new

Seriously, can you believe Christmas is over?! I almost said finally, just because the holidays are such a hectic time, that I honestly never really look forward to. Until they get here, and I realize how truly blessed my boys and I are to have such an extended loving family.

As most of you know, we moved to San Antonio in July. The move has been great! I do miss family being 15 minutes away, or just being able to go to my Granny's for breakfast, just because I wanted to. But overall, the move has gone well. If any of you guys haven't been to San Antonio in a while, it's worth the trip, so much to do!!!! Seriously!!! Plus, a free place to stay? Can't beat that, right?!

Early December, we had Aaden evaluated thru the school board for his speech, and the possible need for special education. He was evaluated by a Speech Language Pathologist, special education teacher, and child psychologist. This was a play evaluation, so they observed him as he and I played, then each took their turn engaging with him in play. The psychologist tried an IQ test on him, which was pretty interesting, he, key word, willingly allowed her to do about half the test. Although nothing came from the test, it was fun to watch, and listen to his little mind gamble. Not to my surprise, in means of special education, he surpassed his age group, and is doing wonderful! My worry was his communication skills, and his speech. The pathologist said once she figured out his 'language', and which letters he replaces for others, such as C for T, and few others. He communicates very well for his age. She said his vocabulary is extensive for his age, and there is no need to worry about the exchanging of letters right now.

This Christmas season had been way out of our ordinary. We found out last minute, Evan was asked to work the entire week of Christmas, which meant, our first Christmas apart, in 9 years. Crazy. However, Christmas is only one day, and we have many more to celebrate together... The boys and I spent Christmas week in Baton Rouge, making our rounds. Surprisingly, we were able to stack all of our goodies in our truck and head West, back to Texas. When I say it barely fit.... yes, I mean it. As most of our Christmas was splendid, we did loose our sweet Nola on Christmas Day, we aren't 100% sure what happened, but Granny and I think she escaped the house and ran into our truck tire, as I was leaving for my Daddy's house. She was our best mini friend, and there has not been a day, so far, that Brady has not asked about her. We did, 'replace' her, physically, with a golden doodle, who we named Penny. She is the sweetest little thing. We are all looking forward to bringing her to the doggie park, and letting her tag along when we go to the Farmer's Market.


Santa made a special trip to the Ingram mini's yesterday afternoon. Gratefully, they are still a little young to know which day Santa is 'supposed' to come. So it worked out perfectly, and Christmas has officially thrown up in my house. Maybe by tomorrow, I can have things in order.



The very long anticipated kitchen set, Santa finally brought it to Aaden!!! Now, I can take him into stores... hehe. He was beyond excited, the first thing he said was, "Oh wow!!!! My kitchen!!! Ima cook you sumtin". Which is exactly what he did, and has been doing since.




It wasn't until a few hours ago, I realized, today is the last day of 2012, another whole year has passed, and we have, once again, been blessed. As I look back on this year, I can't help but have my favorite moments, even though, at the same time, I have a lot of things I want to engage in, and work harder on...

Such as, making our Texas house, a Home. Realizing we probably will not be moving back to Baton Rouge. Although, I really do love it in Texas, it's hard to say 'good bye' to the place I have always called home.

I would love to start eating clean. I need to do some research, since Ev and I are both very picky eaters, I think eating clean would make us feel much better... Now, if I can get Ev on board, that would be awesome :)

I am looking forward to the possibility of having another baby, our plans are to start trying towards the end of the year. That way, when baby gets here, Brady will almost be 4, and in pre-k while Aaden is in school full time. It is also our plan not to find out the gender of Baby Ingram 3, if we are blessed with another little mini. That is the only true surprise in life... and I look forward to being in the delivery room, and finding out.  I am very excited to have another little one around, since Aaden and Brady are so close in age, 19 months apart, I think having one baby around, will be so exciting, and both boys will enjoy being Big Brothers.

I would love to work Aaden off of his medicine!!! I know right now, the medicine is what is best for him, and our family. But ultimately, it is not something I want for Aaden his whole life.

I also plan to blog more, take more pictures of the boys, and slow down a little bit. Life is flying by, and I want to enjoy every second with my babies as possible.

I wish your family the very best in 2013!! Bless you all!

Until next time...

With love,
Courtney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment