Friday, February 8, 2013

Progress

I just want to say how much I appreciate all my 'followers' for the support and love. We have had a crazy past few months, and things are working out for the better, each and every day.

Things with Aaden are moving very fast!!! We met with his school psychologist yesterday. I had a large questionnaire to fill out, and Mrs. Geralyn evaluated Aaden through play, with an autism play pack. There were a few things that stood out to her, although I thought Aaden participated very well. He ranked slightly high on the autism spectrum, but not enough to worry as of now. We still aren't concerned with finding a label for Aaden. Just looking for help. After I finished my 'homework', as I told Aaden it was, because he wanted me to play with he and Mrs. Geralyn. We plugged all my answers into a system, and actually saw a 'diagnosis', it was Aaden 'on paper'. Which was actually pretty interesting to see. I was nice to actually SEE the things we have worried about for so long.

He ranked extremely high for the autism spectrum, ADHD, possible bi-polar, and anxiety. Which these are mostly in the same family, and can all be treated the same way. No matter what his diagnosis is, there will be help offered to both A, and us as a family. 

Through the play evaluation, like I said, Aaden was on very well behavior, Mrs. Geralyn noticed his anxiety, lack to focus on a certain task for more than 20-30 seconds, his sensory issues to sound and touch, and how he tends to avoid eye contact (yes- I know, as well as the psychologist, this isn't an issue he always has, he does make eye contact, but he also tries to avoid it). He also struggles with performing simple tasks, as instructed, and accepting an alternative to something he wants.

There were a few different exercises Mrs. Geralyn suggested we do, to help the different parts/sides of his brain work together. We will definitely be implementing these things.

One of the things I thought was most amazing is, she asked if Aaden had acid reflux when he was a baby, and if he would ever sleep on his stomach. She traced him all the way back to infancy, and said the way his brain functioned, even as a new born, linked him to the issues he has now.  Lets just say Mrs. Geralyn is God sent to our Aaden.  I am so thankful for her.

Now we are waiting for the report from his evaluation, and we will be offered a date to start school! He will go half days, every day. There will also be a teacher that comes to our house, to help us deal with his tantrums, if he were to have them. So lots of new things to come!! We are very much looking forward to it!

As I said before, thank you so much for all the support, positive thoughts, and prayers!! We are grateful, and so blessed.

Until next time...

With love,
Courtney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment